Research papers on Great Britain focus on one aspect of the country, such as its history, arts, literature or its politics. Paper Masters can custom write research on Great Britain from any standpoint or with any focus you need.
If you look on a map, Great Britain is located northwest of Continental Europe surrounded by a thousand, or so, small islands. Some facts about Great Britain are:
- Britain is known as the largest European island of the British Isles
- It is considered, in the world, to be the ninth largest island.
- As one of the most populated islands in the world, it contains over 60 million people.
- The whole island of Britain is the territory of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- Most of the territory in the UK is located in Great Britain as well as England, Scotland and Wales.
Great Britain and the Political Union
The political union of England and Scotland occurred on May 1st in 1707 with the Acts of Union 1707. This Act, under Queen Anne, created The Kingdom of Great Britain. Almost a century later, in 1801, The Kingdom of Great Britain combined with The Kingdom of Ireland under a new Act of Union. This act created the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. In 1919 through 1921, the Irish War of Independence occurred. This war caused most of Ireland to secede from the Union causing The Kingdom to become the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.