Tsitsi Dangarembga's Novel Nervous Conditions
The outline below is an example on how to write a research paper that explains and captivates the readers attention and the sentiments found within Tsitsi Dangarembga's Novel which is Nervous Conditions.
The project below is examining the theme in the novel of women’s escaping oppression through education. The literature writers at Paper Masters can focus on any thesis regarding the novel that you want explored. With such a strong focus on women's issues, Dangarembga's work can serve as research for various themes based on literary elements, thematic elements or even geographical factors that influence the themes within the novel. There are many interesting approaches to Nervous Conditions. Let our writers choose one for you or let us know your preference.
Suggestions for Organizing a Research Project
on Tsitsi Dangarembga's Novel Nervous Conditions
- Begin by developing an essay thesis based on Tsitsi Dangarembga’s novel Nervous Conditions by using an argument approach, by way of asking and then explaining the Women’s condition of the characters like the following:
- Tambu (her dream for education)
- Maiguru (Babamukuru’s wife-british educated)
- Mainini the mother of Tambu.
- Connect also some of the story about Babamukuru, their headmaster.
- A title for your project could be:
- Women Escaping Oppression Through Education: Tsitsi Dangarembga’s novel “Nervous Conditions”.
Overview of Tsitsi Dangarembga's Novel Nervous Condition:
The divergence of the lives of two very different women is the central focus of Tsitsi Dangarembga’s novel Nervous Conditions. Although the narrative begins with the story of Tambu, the focus quickly changes to the story of Tambu and her cousin Nyasha from her family. Both girls have lived very different lives up until their teens when they meet for the first time. What is compelling about this meeting is that through an examination of each girl’s past, there is a direct path for understanding how each develops in adolescence
To illustrate this point, consider Tambu. Raised on her family’s farm in Umtali, she is responsible for running the household. The oldest of her siblings, she spends her days gardening looking after the farm and tending to her siblings needs. Although Tambu dreams of attending school, this privilege is given to her only brother. However, when her brother dies, Tambu is given the opportunity to attend school. Sent to live with her aunt and uncle while she attends school with her cousin Nyasha, Tambu shares a room with her cousin and quickly befriends the girl.