What's New With Iphone
Research papers on the iPhone can compare and contrast the various versions or look at the marketing goals of Apple as they release new versions of the top selling cell phone in the world. The Business and MBA writers at Paper Masters will custom write your paper on the iPhone to illustrate any aspect of the device's strengths and/or weaknesses that you need discussed.
Although still the most popular smartphone available, the iPhone has faced increasing competition as rival companies introduce smartphones that emulate many of the applications and communication technologies pioneered by Apple for the iPhone.
Nevertheless, Apple has rolled out a number of strategies designed to keep the iPhone in front of the pack, not the least of which has been the introduction of the iPhone 8. The iPhone 8 is designed to deliver a number of improvements over the iPhone 7 including:
- A larger screen that goes to the edge of the phone.
- The iPhone 8 provides improved digital display.
- The iPhone 8 still allows users to video chat with other iPhone users using Face Time but with improved quality.
Apple has also sought to maintain the iPhone's penetration in the cellphone market by expanding its relationship with cellphone and wireless service providers to include Verizon. The move by Apple to broaden its carrier base by selling iPhones through Verizon is largely in response to the competition that it faces from rival phones using Google's Android operating system. The most recent news concerning the iPhone is Apple's decision to reduce the cost of the iPhone 4GS to one quarter of its original price. Industry experts see the price reduction as a strategy designed to encourage Verizon customers to choose the iPhone over other smartphones made available to subscribers.
There are thousands of iPhone Apps, iPad Apps, and Android Apps that have been developed to perform a myriad of tasks and processes. Initially, most of these applications were games intended to be played on mobile devices. The popularity of these applications led businesses to ponder whether some of their business process applications that run on desktop platforms and the Web could be redesigned to run on mobile devices. The answer was a resounding yes! For example, Nationwide developed the Nationwide® Mobile, a free iPhone App that allows its insurance policyholders to file a claim on the spot when an accident occurs. The application can snap pictures of the accident and attach them to the claim data and upload the claim information to a server. This reduces the length of time to process a claim filed this way. Nationwide competitors have followed suit and developed iPhone, iPod, and Android applications of their own. Policyholders can receive messages via Facebook or Twitter.
Other business processes that have been reengineered as a result of mobile computing include Quick Response (QR) codes which have replaced one-dimensional bar codes. They are read using mobile devices, accepting credit card payments from an iPhone, iPad or Android device, depositing checks using an iPhone without visiting a bank, and many more.
When you write your project on the iPhone 8, make sure address at least some of the questions below:
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency mobile-based applications provide to capture geo -location data and customer data, and quickly upload to a processing server without users having to use a desktop system.
- Evaluate benefits realized by consumers because of the ability to gain access to their own data via mobile applications.
- Examine the challenges of developing applications that run on mobile devices because of the small screen size.
- Describe the methods that can be used to decide which platform to support, i.e., iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone, or Android.
- Mobile applications require high availability because end users need to have continuous access to IT and IS systems. Discuss ways of providing high availability.
- Mobile devices are subjected to hacking at a higher rate than non-mobile devices. Discuss methods of making mobile devices more secure.