Race Class Gender and Development Applications
A Race, Class, Gender and Development Applications project's purpose is to apply what you have learned in your sociology course, as well as what you have learned through independent analysis of journal articles into a research paper.
- Write a research paper on the topic of your choice that analyzes race, ethnicity, gender, and/or class and development.
- Use professional articles from academic journals on race, class, gender and development.
Topics to Address in Research on Race, Class, Gender and Development Applications
- Demonstrate knowledge of how race/ ethnicity, social class, and/or gender is related to children's experiences.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contextual theory by specifically addressing two or more of the contexts mentioned in the course (other than individual context). Environmental context, school context, etc....
- Do not write about your own or others' personal experiences. This should be a formal analytic paper using your professional resources.
How to Organize Your Research Paper
- Introduce your topic: why it is important, your thesis, and what you plan to do in your paper.
- Make some integrative, analytic points about this topic. Here are some examples of points you might cover: Do the articles you read agree or disagree about this topic? What differences do race /ethnicity, social class, or gender make in understanding this topic? Does the information reported in class fit what you found in the research? Do not simply repeat sections of your article reports. Although there will be some overlap, this paper should integrate what you learned from the three articles. Do not give detailed reports of the professional articles. Only use them to support points you are making.
- Make conclusions regarding your analysis.
- Include a formal reference page. Include sources cited in your paper only.
- Provide careful analysis and integration of your professional resources, not your description of them.
- Your paper should have a thesis, supporting points, and a conclusion.
- Each supporting paragraph should begin with a single point and then support that point with information from your professional resources and/or course material.
- Be sure you address race /ethnicity, gender, and/or social class substantively in your paper.
- Be sure to demonstrate explicitly that you know what contextual theory is.
- Review assignment after completing paper to ensure that you are completing the assignment as required.
Related Research Paper Topic Suggestions
Concept of Race - Concept of Race research papers for sociology classes. Research papers on the concept of race are very relevant today, as the United States is still battling with race and equality in many respects.
Ender and Organizational Culture - Gender and Organizational Culture Research Papers delve into a sample of an order placed on how managers should deal with gender issues in the work place.
Gender and Communication Skills - Gender and Communication Skills Term Paper examines an example of an order placed on the way men and women communicate differently in the workplace, the paper gives specific requirements needed to complete the project.
Gender Equality - Research papers on gender equality discuss the history and current state of gender issues in society.
Gender Inequality - Gender Inequality research papers discuss the unequal treatment of individuals based on their gender.
Gender Issues - Gender Issues research papers discuss the political topic as women still face discrimination and inequality in todays time.
Gender Norms - Research papers on gender norms discuss the expectations applied to men and women in a society.
Gender Roles In Media - A research paper on gender roles in the media look into mass media's influence on gender roles and stereotypes in American society.
Gender Segregation - A research paper on gender segregation examine the role that gender segregation plays in the inequality that found in the American workforce.
Gender Stereotypes - Gender Stereotypes research papers look into the stereotyped behaviors of individuals based on their sex.
History of gender roles - History of Gender Roles Research Papers examine the evolution of gender roles in America over the past century. Paper Masters gives you custom research on gender roles throughout history.
Influences of Race As It Relates To Your Community - Influences of Race as it Relates to Your Community Research Papers explore a sample of a paper order placed on an autobiographical research paper.
Men Are From Mars Women Are From Venus - Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus Research Papers look at a book that can be viewed as a guide for helping with communication skills in relationships.
Murdering Mckinley - This is a book report on Murdering McKinley: The Making of Theodore Roosevelt's America. Book reviews on Murdering McKinley by Eric Rauchway are custom written.
Myth About Boys - Myth About Boys Research Papers discuss myths regarding gender and various sociological theories and approaches to child development.
Race - Race research papers examine the sociological aspects of race and ethnicity in America. Research determines that racism and racial divides are more a than ever.
Race Matters - Race Matters by Cornel West research papers discuss race as a social problem. The themes of Race Matters can be written on or any aspect of Cornel West's thesis regarding race in America.
Racism - Racism research papers offer research help on many aspects of racism in America.
Social Construction of Gender - Social Construction of Gender Research Papers discuss Lorber's book and gender theory and social construction.
Stages of Gender Development - A research paper on the stages of gender development discuss the various theories that explain how gender develops in children.