Problem Statement and Literature Review on Social Welfare Term Paper:
for this assignment, you will draft the problem statement and literature review sections of your research proposal. In order to do this, you will need to conduct additional research on your topic and therefore continue to develop your library research skills. You will also need to use and further develop your ability to critically read and analyze research materials.
Your problem statement should briefly identify the social work problem and research question on which you have chosen to focus.
Your literature review should provide the appropriate background to support your argument and focus in greater depth and detail.
In the problem statement, you should include the following:
- identify and specify the topic of your research proposal.
- articulate a rationale for the importance of studying this particular topic
- formulate the specific research question/s and hypothesis/es that will addressed in the study you will propose.
Your problem statement should be one to two (1-2) pages in length and should include:
- A very brief introduction to the problem: what it is and what evidence exists that attests to the extent of the problem/issue under study
- The specific gaps or problem that have not been addressed through prior research.
- The reasons it is important to the profession and/or to society to study this problem; its incidence, prevalence, consequences and lack of available knowledge,etc
- The relevance of the problem to social work practice
- The research questions and hypotheses that have emerge from the above and which will serve as the focus of your proposed study.
Literature Review for Social Welfare Term Paper
Your literature review should be five to six (5-6) pages in length and should provide a succinct review of the literature in relation to your research agenda, including and addressing the following:
1. A very brief discussion of the organising framework for your literature review (no more than 1 paragraph) 2. A thorough discussion of the status of your research topic in the literature, including:
- A thematically organized discussion of what is known about your topic
- A discussion of the theory/theories relevant to your topic and their application to your research question (at least one paragraph)
- A discussion of what is not known about your topic and why these things are not known (i.e, limitations of previous studies and bodies of literature)
- A summary of the status of the literature related to your topic and research question
- Your problem statement and literature review together should be between six and eight (6-8) pages in length.
- You must use APA format for all elements of this assignment and follow the standard for margins (1 inch )
- Your citations and reference list for this assignment must include at least twelve (12) journal articles.
- These articles must have been published during the last five to ten years in peer-reviewed academic journals that are relevant to social work practice and research.
- Your reference list and all in-text citations must be presented in APA format. I will like to have the copies of the articles used.
Related Research Paper Topic Suggestions
Child Welfare - A research paper on child welfare look into the responsibilitiies of child welfare agencies to ensure that children are in safe environments with all necessary resources and appropriate care.
Director of Special Services For Youth - Director of Special Services for Youth Research Papers discuss a preview of an order placed for an assignment that involves a five-step process.
Domestic Violence Services - Domestic Violence Services Research Papers examine domestic violence services specifically Canada's, and also their healthcare system in dealing with this issue.
Harry Hopkins and Frances Perkins - Harry Hopkins and Frances Perkins Research Papers look at two important figures in the social work field.
Immigration and social work - Immigration and Social Work Research Papers examine topics dealing with immigrants, social services and social workers.
Multicultural Competence - Multicultural competence research papers discuss an important part of any professional practice; a diverse settings which can facilitate culturally competent social work practice.
Philanthropic Organizations - Philanthropic Organizations Research Papers look at the history of the different charity institutions or the philosophy behind philanthropy.
Social Policy - Social Policy research papers examine a particular policy that is proposed or has been enacted. The writers at Paper Masters will analyze and discuss any policy that is assigned for your sociology course work.
Social Programs - Social Programs research papers examine the government programs designed to provide minimal levels of support, frequently financial, but also including health care and nutritional support, by the government.
Social Work Career Methodology - Social Work Methodology Research Papers discuss a sample of a paper that is written placed for graduate level services.
Social Work Client - Social Work Client Research Papers discuss an order placed on graduate level services, with specific questions to be answered.
Social Work Practice - Social Work Practice research papers simulate being a MSW Intern working at ICHF Homeless shelter.
Strengths Perspective - Strengths Perspective Theory Research Papers delve into an order placed on social work theories with specific instructions on format.