Active Substance Abuser
A custom research paper would look like this:
Active substance abusers can be categorized as individuals that participate in the consumption of illegal or legal substances on a consistent basis for mood altering or thought altering purposes.Substance abuse can be both chemical and alcohol substance abuse. Research studies have concluded that there are certain characteristics of active substance abusers. These characteristics include chronic problems at work or school, negative or adverse changes in appearance, changes in behavior or attitude, and physical health issues such as weight loss or inactivity. Research studies have also concluded that there are certain populations that are more susceptible to active substance abuse. These populations include individuals with parents or family members that suffer from substance abuse, individuals of lower socio-economic status, and individuals that suffer from some form of mental illness. Substance abuse and mental disorders often go hand and hand.
Several different treatment methods have proven to be effective in rehabilitating through substance abuse counseling.
- Medical treatments
- Group counseling and therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
One treatment method that has proven to be effective in treating active substance abusers is medical treatments like anti-depressants or methadone. A second treatment method that has proven to be effective is group counseling and therapy based on substance abuse counseling. Finally, cognitive behavioral therapy has proven to be an effective treatment method in active substance abusers. This treatment can occur on a one-on-one basis, in a group setting, or a combination of the two approaches.
When writing a research paper on active substance abuse, you can choose to do you paper on any of the Active Substance Abusers listed below while following the outline below.
Active Substance Abuser Research Paper can be written as follows:
You can write your active substance abuse paper about a current or recent client who is an active substance abuser or someone who is in early recovery OR a paper on an alcoholic or drug family system, including the impact of the addicted person's illness on each person in the family.
- You also have the option of doing a paper on a so-called co-dependent person and his or her role in the family of origin as well as in the chosen family.
- You may do a paper on a group of substance abusers that you are leading or co- leading. -If you do not have access to any of thesis examples of clients to write about, choose a character from literature who is depicted as a substance abuser. Your work in this case will be to hypothesize the points in relation to the outline set forth below for ALL options.
Outline for Active Substance Abuser Term Paper:
- Provide identifying information for you and your clients.
- Provide information describing the context in which you are working as well as what your role consists of.
- Describe the presenting problem(s) of your client(s). This section to detail the drug(s) of abuse involved as well as at least 1 or 2 other problems.
- Provide a history of the presenting problem(s).
- Describe the client(s) current living and work situation.
- Present what you know about the client(s) family of origin.
- Present what you know about the client(s) chosen family.
- Describe other important relationships.
- Describe how you have been working with your client(s). If a group, focus more on the process of content. Be sure to include at least 1 or 2 of the theoretical approaches. Give specific examples of how at least 2 of your interventions were guided by the theoretical approaches. How successful do you think your interventions were ; how could you have executed your interventions in a better way?
- Describe your countertransference to your client(s). Did any of your reactions to your client provide an insight into the person's feelings or behavior? If so, how? If your countertransference was primarily negative and has remained so, how did you handle this?
- What goals have been set for your client(s)? What objectives (actions or steps) have you used to accomplish these goals.
- In what stage of the Stages of Change did you find your clients(s) in upon beginning working with them. How did you approach accomplishing the process(es) of change necessary (according to this approach) with this client(s).
- What did you learn from working with this client(s)
- What would you have done differently, if you had more knowledge (of substance abusers before starting this paper) before working with your client(s)?
Related Research Paper Topic Suggestions
Addiction Counseling - Addiction Counseling research papers look into counseling as an important component and essential part in overcoming addictions such as drug addition, alcohol addiction, sex addiction and gambling addiction.
Addiction To Prescription Medications - Addiction to Prescription Medications Research Papers examine who most commonly gets addicted and how easy it is to become addicted to prescription drugs.
Adolescent Substance Abuse - Adolescent Substance Abuse term papers on the sociological aspects of treatment and counseling for young people with Abuse issues.
Alcohol Abuse - Alcohol Abuse Research Papers discuss the affects of alcohol on the body.
Alcohol Dependency - Alcohol Dependency Research Papers look at the psychological effects of alcohol dependency.
Alcoholism - Alcoholism research papers explain alcohol abuse and its relation to drug abuse as a medical problem in America today.
Chemical and Alcohol Substance Abuse - Chemical and Alcohol Substance Abuse Research Papers look at an example of an order placed for nine essay questions, and you must analyze the key concepts.
Chronic Alcholism - Chronic Alcoholism Research Papers examine this medical condition and it's effects on the body.
Crack Baby - Crack Baby research papers can be ordered online as sample papers on the phenomenon of babies born addicted to Crack Cocaine.
Crack Baby Myth - Crack Baby Myth research papers show how recent debate over whether or not the fetus is harmed durning pregnancy when a woman takes crack cocaine.
Crack Cocaine - Crack Cocaine research papers examine the sociological issues involved in drug addiction. Your research paper will want to focus on use, abuse and statistics of crack cocaine in America.
Drug Abuse Among Youths - Drug Abuse Among Youths research papers illustrate the problems of addiction in young people in America. Paper Masters custom writes research on drug abuse and can focus your paper on the topic of drug abuse among youth. A sample research paper will help college students learn how to write a research paper.
Drug Use and Abuse Project - Drug Use and Abuse Project Research Papers look at a sample of a paper ordered for a research paper with specific guidelines and questions to be answered.
Drunk Driving - Research papers on drunk driving discuss the crime and social problem of operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
Ecstasy - Ecstasy Research Papers investigate whether the effects of this drug are harmful or not. Ecstasy research papers illustrate that ecstasy has often be called the perfect drug. Find out why in a custom written research paper on ecstasy, one of the most prolific social problems in society today.
Harm Reduction - Research papers on harm reduction discuss the concept which recognizes that people struggling with addiction face a battle that they themselves must overcome.
Relapse Prevention Plan - Research papers on a Relapse Prevention Plan look into the important steps one must take when trying to overcome an addiction.
Sex Addiction - Sex Addiction research papers look into the conceptual model used to describe individuals unable to control their sexual urges or behaviors. Research papers on sex addiction from Paper Masters illustrate that it is an under-reported psychological phenomena that is common in society.
Shopping Addiction - Shopping Addiction Research Papers look at the views of shopping addiction, and if it is considered a character flaw or disease.
Smoking While Pregnant - Research papers on smoking while pregnant discuss the health problems caused to a developing baby when a pregnant woman is exposed to cigarette smoke.
Substance Abuse Counseling - Substance Abuse Counseling research papers that assist in case studies for nursing students. Case Studies and research reports for nursing and medical health professionals.
Sugar Addiction - Research papers on sugar addiction discuss how today's foods containing added sugar has created an addiction, which causes a host of illnesses if not under control.
Women and Substance Abuse - Women and Substance Abuse Research Papers illustrate the affects of alcohol and drugs on women.