Paper Masters teaches you how to critique a theory in any class or for any subject area. You can have our writers write your critique or study this page closely and see exactly how to write a critique.
The questions below have been designed to help you review the key concepts of each theory. They should help you gain a clearer focus to developing your own personal theory…or it may help you decide on which theoretical approach from which you plan to counsel.
A Research Paper that Critiques a Theory Should Follow These General Guidelines:
Use the questions below to stimulate your thinking for your own critical evaluation of each of the therapeutic approaches for Theory Critique Research Paper:
- Key Concepts
- What is the theory’s view of human nature and what are the basic assumptions underlying each approach?
- What are the primary characteristics of the theory?
- Therapeutic Process
- What are the therapeutic goals?
- What is the role of the therapist?
- What is the client’s role in the process? What is expected of the client?
- What is the nature of the relationship between the client and therapist?
- Applications: Techniques and Procedures
- What are the major techniques and methods?
- Where is the approach most applicable?
- To what types of clients?
- To what types of problems?
- In what setting?
- What is your evaluation of the approach?
- What are the limitations?
- What are the contributions?
- What aspects do you like most?
- What aspects do you like the least?
- What are some specific aspects of this approach that you would want to incorporate in your own counseling style? Why?
- What aspects of this approach are supported in the Bible?
- In what ways can you apply this approach to yourself “personally” as a basis for self-understanding and practical use in daily life?
Your critiques should not be summary only; fifty percent of the critiques should contain personal evaluation, opinion, or personal application.
Reminders for the Theory Critique Research Paper…
- You need a reference list on a reference page at the end, or at least at the bottom of your paper.
- You will likely only be citing the textbook.
- If you draw from something else, I need to see this source on the reference list and the portions of the paper from that source to have a citation in text by it to give credit where it is due.
- Since the critique is not real formal and primarily based on your textbook, I do not need you to diligently cite in text in every paragraph of the paper or after every fact you include from the textbook.
- However, you will need to do that in the final theory paper but it not necessary here.
Related Research Paper Topic Suggestions
Academic Writing - Academic Writing can be research papers, thesis, article reviews and scholarly writing. Paper Masters' writers write academic writing that is intended to be formal and impersonal in tone, such as a term paper, thesis or a dissertation.
Annotated Bibliography - Paper Masters can help you with an annotated bibliography, which is frequently a requirement at the university level for listing references or source material.
Article Critiques - Learn how to write an article critique or get a custom written critique of any article you choose. Different from article reviews, a critique is a narrative analysis of the article.
Doctoral Research Writing - Learn how to write a doctoral development plan at Paper Masters. Custom writing services for graduate level students.
Graduate Research - Graduate research papers, graduate level papers, capstone projects, proposals and master's theses - Custom written.
Journal Entries - Paper Masters will compose journal entries that will illustrate exactly what your professor is looking for.
Literature Reviews - Paper Masters custom writes literature reviews from peer reviewed journal articles for graduate, masters and undergraduate level students.
Quantitative Article Review - Quantitative Article Reviews at the undergraduate and graduate level. Quantitaative reviews examine the data and statistics that are included in an empirical research report.
Research Prospectus - A prospectus for a thesis for a graduate school program or a master's program is an important part of the entire post-graduate experiece. Paper Masters will write your prospectus exactly according to your university specifications.
Textual Criticism - A research paper on textual criticism look into the study of variations of different texts from different time periods.