Graduate level or even undergraduate level courses that require article summaries are Paper Masters specialty. Paper Masters custom writes all article summaries and provides you a complete copy of the article free of charge. Provide your own article or have our writers choose the article.
Summarizing articles has both academic and real-world purposes. It is a good way to check comprehension, to gather a variety of sources for larger projects, and is a viable alternative to paraphrasing or directly quoting a source in a paper. Again, though the written output will be brief, creating a fair, objective summary can be challenging.
Content of a good article summary: As you compose, remember to pick out the focus or main idea of the article and make it the thesis sentence of your summary. Do not forget to restate the author's name and the title of the piece within your summary. You should also pick out three to four relevant, important supporting points. Use specific details sparingly, and only when they clarify an important point or carry significant weight by themselves. You should remember to stay objective.
How to Write An Article Summary
Give a very brief summary of the article and include the following:
- Describe the construct under investigation.
- Describe the instrument or instruments used in the research. Include a discussion of the concepts of validity and reliability.
- Use the information presented in the article to answer the following questions.
- Identify the population you have chosen.
- Now answer the following questions with respect to the structure of the population.
- Is the population a relatively homogeneous group of individuals or other units.
- Could the population be considered to consist generally of equal "layers" each of which is fairly homogeneous in structure?
- Could the population be considered to be composed of separate homogeneous layers differing in size and number of units comprising them?
- Could the population be envisioned as isolated islands in clusters of individual units, with the clusters being similar to one another in composition? Through what means would you extract a representative sample from the total population? Describe your procedure.
- Is the sampling procedure appropriate for the characteristics of the population?
- Were guarantees in place that the sample would be chosen by chance and yet it will be representative of your population?
- If your preceding answer is yes, explain how this has been done.
- Indicate what means was employed to obtain the information needed from the sample.
- What are the weaknesses inherent in this method of obtaining data?
- What safeguards were established to contract any potential bias in the approach to data collection. Be specific. Make sure your responses go beyond a simple yes or no.
- Use information from the article to support your response. For instance describe why the population was or was not a homogeneous group of individuals or units.
- Summarize the type of descriptive research used in the article
- Demonstrate the advantages and disadvantages of the selected research design.
- Describe the type of sampling that was used to collect the data.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of the method of sampling used.
Article Summaries from Paper Masters
Each article review should be divided into the following five segments:
- ABSTRACT: A full citation of the article according to APA style.
- INTRODUCTION: The grand research questions or themes of the article.
- METHOD: The method(s) of data collection (if any) and data analysis.
- RESULTS: Summary of the findings and results of the analysis.
- DISCUSSION: Critique of the articles: how useful was each journal article in understanding the grand question or theme posed by the author.
Every Research Paper includes the following:
- Bibliography/Reference Page
- Recent and Up-To-Date Sources
- Adherence to style guidelines (MLA, APA, etc...)
- 1" margins, Courier New Font and Double-Spaced
- Free revisions if the order was not followed
- 24 hr telephone support
- Guaranteed original and plagiarism free
Paper Masters stands behind our term paper service guarantees with over 10 years in service and an excellent reputation.