Research papers on the book of the Bible may examine the work as a religious text, a literary work or a historical document. Paper Masters has theology writers that will custom write a research paper on any book of the Bible for you, even Leviticus, one of the most antiquated and difficult books to understand.
Leviticus is the third book of the Old Testament or, as known by the Hebrews, the Pentateuch. This book is known as "Va-yakra", "and He called," by the Hebrews, connecting it to the second book of the Bible, Exodus. It declares that the exact words of God are written down in it by Moses. God says, "I am the Lord your God" (Leviticus 26:13, NRSV), and "I am the Lord" (Leviticus 11:44) over and over for a total of about twenty-one times, a procedure that must convince the faithful that God is speaking to them.
In Leviticus we find the following:
- Procedures that the priest must perform in the sacrifices and offerings to God
- The purposes for the offerings
- The Holiness Code that the people must follow
- The rituals for the Day of Atonement for the sins of the world
- Directions to keep the Sabbath holy by honoring God and by resting
- Feast days that should be kept
- Warnings and promises for Israel
Biblical scholars view the Book of Leviticus as the map that will lead to the good things to come that God has promised for, if the people follow the rules that are laid out for them, they will be led to the Lord God.
Leviticus tells about the relationship of God to His people and teaches His people how to maintain that relationship so that they can worship God for His love and justice and benefit from His love and good will. Following it helps form a community that can prosper and do good in God's name.