The purpose of this paper is to identify and explore personal attitudes, values, and behaviors that may impede and enhance the counseling relationships. It is expected that this self-assessment and personal exploration will be an in-depth analysis rather than a superficial one. This paper requires careful self-exploration and should draw on the experiences of the term which can impact your values, attitudes, and behaviors with regard to counseling. Hopefully this will allow you to provide concrete examples of personal growth and improved skills as a counselor.
Issues to address in your Counseling Relationships Paper
- What is your value orientation? What values do you bring to the helping relationship?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses as a counselor? How can you use these more effectively? In what ways would you like to change them?
- What biases or predispositions (positive or negative) do you hold regarding working with certain groups of people, types of problems, or emotional states?
- In what ways have you attempted to expose yourself to or become open to experiences, values, and beliefs that are different from your own?
- What have you discovered about yourself as you have examined your personal values, beliefs, and behaviors that can influence your ability to help others?
- Describe your personal style and theory of counseling. How has this changed during the semester? How do you anticipate that it will change in the future?
Counseling Relationships Research Paper , you will be expected to:
- Develop personal awareness and insight into personal professional characteristics that are relevant to the counseling profession.
- Apply course concepts and theory to self-assessment.
- Explore personal goals and motivation.
- Analyze biases, differences and strengths and weaknesses and apply the knowledge to personal development goals.
- Communicate personal insights and discoveries clearly.
- Provide detailed information on the issues outlined above.
- The writing structure, spelling, and grammar should be correct.
- Approximately seven (5) pages, typed, double-spaced.
- The course paper should demonstrate scholarship
Related Research Paper Topic Suggestions
Addiction Counseling - Addiction Counseling research papers look into counseling as an important component and essential part in overcoming addictions such as drug addition, alcohol addiction, sex addiction and gambling addiction.
Attachment Theory - Attachment Theory research papers delve into the psychological theory that attempts to understand a specific aspect of interpersonal relationships.
Christian Counseling Theory - Christian Counseling Theory Research Papers discuss an example of a religion paper order. Explains the nine elements that must be discussed within the paper.
Client centered - Client Centered Counseling Theory research papers report on the counseling theory that places the patient first.
Counseling Techniques - Counseling Techniques research papers discuss a number of different counseling techniques employed in the field of Psychotherapy.
Date Rape - Date Rape Research Papers look at this problem on college campuses, and the issues connected with it. Date rape is a serious issue and has been in the news lately with the prolific incidences of rape on college campuses and in fraternity house sponsored by colleges.
Dating - Dating Research Papers look at how dating has changed over the years, and new technology to aid in the dating process. Learn the psychology and sociological factors behind dating in a custom research paper from Paper Masters.
Developmental Or Life Cycle Approach - Developmental or Life Cycle Approach research papers illustrate that either therapy style is effective in family counseling.
Emotions and Social Relationships - Emotions in social relationships research papers cover social goals and social emotions.
Fatherdaughter Relationships - Father-Daughter Relationships research papers evaluate the importance of the relationship between them. Child psychology is one of our specialties and our professional writers can focus on any aspect of the father-daughter relationship you need.
Grief Counseling - Grief counseling research papers look at the topic of grieving from a sociological and psychological position.
Hopefocused Marriage Counseling - Hope-Focused Marriage Counseling Research Papers on the book Hope-Focused Marriage Counseling by Everett L. Worthington.
Hurt People Hurt People - Hurt People Hurt People research papers discuss Wilson’s counseling techniques and human relationship healing.
Influence of Asian Culture On Counseling - Influence of Asian Culture on Counseling Research Papers look at how to place an order for a qualitative psychology research paper.
Interpersonal Relationships - Interpersonal Relationships Research Papers can be custom written and cover the communication's topic of the elements of a good interpersonal relationship.
Intrapersonal Communication - Research papers on intrapersonal communication and examines how this form of communication centers on the person’s ability to master their internal use of language.
John Gottman - John Gottman Research Papers delve into one of the leading experts in interpersonal relationships, and discusses factors that sustain and promote good marriage.
Mapping The Terrain of The Heart - Mapping the Terrain of the Heart research papers assess people's defenses and how they are evident in love relationships.
Narcissism Relationships - Narcissists in Relationships research papers discuss how narcissism causes difficulty maintaining healthy, balanced relationships with others.
Person Centered Theory - A research paper on person centered theory discuss one of the most popular theoretical models that focuses on the person and not on their diagnosis.
Relationship of Adolescents To Celebrities - Relationship of Adolescents to Celebrities Research Papers on the Influence that celebrities have on todays youth and the research that was conducted.
Social Capital - Social Capital research papers discuss the term used in sociology that refers to the economic benefits that come from relationships.
Terrain of The Heart - Terrain of the Heart Research Papers discuss a sample of an order placed for a reaction paper on counseling couples.
The Bible and Counseling - The Bible and Counseling Research Paper looks at how the Bible can be integrated into various counseling topics.