Information on Emotions Research Paper:
This is for an intensive upper division psychology course on emotion. For this particular paper the focus will be on the emotion, anger. Please make sure the thesis and the topic of the paper is addressed very clearly in the paper. You may focus on one of the suggested questions, or any other question that interests you, attempting CRITICAL ANALYSIS of the issues involved and showing how the readings (or part of a reading) are problematical or helpful in relation to those issues. It is fine to add a little personal experience to support your paper.
Emotions Research paper Topics
- What makes fear and anger "basic" emotions?
- And how may they be recognized and understood across cultures?
- How is anger connected to "angry behavior"?
- What makes a painting a sad painting or an angry one? How can art be expressive?
- What is the relation/difference between anger and resentment? Are they ever justified? Even if justified, should they be suppressed?
- Are there limits to the appropriate objects of pride and shame?
- What is the place of conditions of "nearness to self," "control," and "desert" in this area?
- Is there a line between natural and moral qualities?
- What is the value of feelings such as pride and shame?
- What gives emotion direction? Is shame the "opposite" of pride? Is humility?
- Are certain beliefs about freedom and responsibility essential if certain emotional attitudes (towards ourselves or others) are to make sense?
Related Research Paper Topic Suggestions
Albert Ellis Rational Emotive Therapy - Albert Ellis' Rational Emotive Therapy helped therapists guide their patients in behavioral exercises: for example, looking at pictures of spiders, touching the pictures, or handling a toy spider are exercises used for a patient suffering from an irrational fear of spiders.
Cannonbard Theory of Emotion - Cannon-Bard Theory of Emotion research papers discuss the theory that maintains that emotions are the result of a physiological response to a stimulus.
Dealing With Change - Research papers on dealing with change look into the hardships of change in individuals and discuss strategies for the acceptance of change.
Emotional Intelligence - Emotional Intelligence Research Papers look at a sample of an order placed for graduate level services with the organization and structure of paper in a specific format.
Emotional Work - Emotion work research papers explains the act of trying to change emotions in degrees or quality.
Emotions and Social Relationships - Emotions in social relationships research papers cover social goals and social emotions.
Feeling Rules - Feeling rules research papers analyze the emotion norms and beliefs.
Hurt People Hurt People - Hurt People Hurt People research papers discuss Wilson’s counseling techniques and human relationship healing.
Jameslange Theory - James-Lange Theory research papers examine the theory that holds emotion as a secondary response, indirectly caused by a physiological reaction.
Man's Search For Meaning - Man’s Search for Meaning Research Papers research papers discuss Frankl's book and how it can be used to both understand suffering through the daily attempt to survive, and the larger nature of meaning in the world.
Ordinary People - Ordinary People Research Papers look at the main character Conrad and his parents, and their communication skills with Conrad during the dealings with his brothers death.
Psychomotor Retardation - Psychomotor Retardation research papers examine the slowing down of thought and a reduction in physical movements of a person.
Schachters Two Factor Theory of Emotion - Schachter's Two Factor Theory of Emotion Research Papers examine an integral part of human behavior, and how it applies in clinical practices.
Subjective Well Being - Subjective Well Being Research Papers discuss the scientific concept which psychologists and other specialists use to assist individuals in assessing their lives.