Developmental Periods of Lifespan
PORTFOLIO ESSAY GUIDELINES:
Objectives # 1, 2, and 3 for Developmental Periods of Life Span Research Paper:
Examine major developmental concepts, theories, and research findings.
Explore physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development in the various developmental periods of the life span. Examine societal philosophies, attitudes, and values regarding development during the various periods of the life span.
- Compare major concepts of the following developmental theories across the life span: Freud, Erikson, Havighurst, Piaget, and Kohlberg.
- Discuss the general principles of growth and development for all humans.
- Explain how factors such as heredity, life experiences, health status, and cultural expectations influence growth and development across the life span.
- Discuss the importance of development as a holistic framework for nursing.
- Describe two standardized tests available to assess development.
- Describe the nursing implications that you face in working with individuals from a specific stage of the life cycle. Nursing interventions can include some or all of the following areas: assessment, wellness promotion, safety precautions, responses to health problems, or client or staff education.
Objective # 4 for Developmental Periods of Life Span Research Paper:
Reflect on and gain further insights into your own personal developmental issues and the impact that they have had on your behavior in order to develop an appreciation for individual differences.
- Examine how your personal cultural values have influenced both positively and negatively your care giving to patients.
- Examine developmental issues you are currently experiencing at this point in your life according to Havighurst. Discuss how these changes have either positively or negatively impacted your health and life in general.
Objective # 5 for Developmental Periods of Life Span Research Paper:
Gain a deeper understanding of issues related to and cultural perceptions of and attitudes toward death.
- Discuss Kubler-Ross's Stages of Death and Dying and sensitivity to the needs of the dying client and family.
- Give an example from your professional nursing practice that illustrates cultural variations in response to the process of dying and grieving among at least two cultural groups different than your own. Areas for discussion can include religion, burial, memorial service, bereavement, suicide, euthanasia, advanced directives, organ donation and advice for health care workers.
Objective # 6 for Developmental Periods of Life Span Research Paper:
Develop your critical thinking and writing skills about concepts presented in this course.
- Present an in-depth discussion from the literature you researched (such as textbooks in nursing, human development, and psychology, current journal articles, credible websites).
- Select information that directly relates to examples of your own professional nursing practice and theoretical researched information.
- Do not tell your personal story. Explain why consideration for human development is an important issue to base professional nursing practice upon.
- Documentation may include such evidence as examples of developmental assessments you have to complete with new patients, care plans that addressed issues related to growth and development, continuing education programs you have attended, letters of commendation from patients and families, a letter from your direct supervisor that indicates your competence in addressing issues related to human development, and programs you have developed that focus on knowledge and/or skills related to death and dying.
Related Research Paper Topic Suggestions
Adolescence - Adolescence research papers examine the time in life when a young person enters puberty and experiences the growth changes of sexual maturity.
Adolescent Depression - Adolescent Depression Research Papers go into what it does to mental and physical health.
Adolescent Substance Abuse - Adolescent Substance Abuse term papers on the sociological aspects of treatment and counseling for young people with Abuse issues.
Aging - Aging Research Papers discuss the life span of human development and the problems of alzheimer's diseases in the aging population. Example essays for sale from Paper Masters are customized to your exact instructions.
Developmental Or Life Cycle Approach - Developmental or Life Cycle Approach research papers illustrate that either therapy style is effective in family counseling.
Developmental Psychologists - Developmental Psychologists research papers look into the doctors who study the changes that occur in human development over the course of the lifespan.
Early Stages of Pregnancy - Early Stages of Pregnancy term papers discuss the hormonal changes that take place in a woman's body at the beginning of the gestational period.
Emotional Development - Emotional Development essays analyze emotional development in the stages of life; from Infant to Adolescence.
Fetal Development - Fetal Development essays look into the process by which a fertilized human egg grows into a fetus and is born as a viable human being.
Genes - Genes research papers report on the discovery of human genes and genetic engineering. Research paper samples are available from Paper Masters - Custom Written.
Gestation Period - Gestation Period research papers discuss the development of the fetus inside a female mammal.
Humanistic Psychology - Humanistic Psychology research papers overview the psychology that holds that human beings are basically good and have an inherent drive towards self-actualization, a motivation to achieve one’s fullest potential.
Human Reproduction - Human Reproduction research papers examine the reproductive process from conception to birth.
Integrative Psychotherapy - Integrative Psychotherapy research papers examine the amalgamative approach, which combines various schools of psychotherapy into a holistic attempt to achieve greater levels of personal growth and self-awareness in a patient.
Intellectual Growth - Intellectual Growth research papers look at the four stages of intellectual growth in the human lifespan.
Life Cycles of Women - The Life Cycle of Women Research Papers examine the various stages women go through from early childhood to post menopause. Medical Health Research Papers are available at Paper Masters.
Life Expectancy - Life Expectancy research papers discuss the life-span of individuals from a medical science aspect.
Maslow's Hierarchy - Maslow’s Hierarchy research papers examine the theory, developed by Abraham Maslow, in which human development is laid out along a hierarchy, from the most basic to the more psychologically advanced needs of a person.
Neurosis and Human Growth - Research papers on neurosis and human growth examine the key texts and core arguements in Karen Horney's book discussing the study of human development.
Stages of Human Development - Stages of Human Development research papers break down the stages of human development from conception to the birth after 24 - 31 weeks.
Stages of Puberty - Research papers on stages of puberty discuss the time of change in which males and females physically and sexually mature.
The Mystery of Heredity - The Mystery of Heredity research papers study the factors that influence expression of the human phenotype.
Theories of Aging - Theories of Aging research papers discuss the two main theories of aging that explain senescence.
Volkerpsychologie - Volkerpsychologie research papers discuss the term “völkerpsychologie" was coined in the 1870s by the German philosopher, psychologist, and champion of anti-Semitism Moritz Lazarus, and his colleague/brother-in-law, Heymann Steinthal.
Vygotsky - Vygotsky term papers on the Soviet psychologist who proposed the theory of human cultural and biosocial development.