This model essay is a comparison on Strategy for Combating Terrorism. In general, the project should be a political science paper that addresses national concerns and policy problems.
Essay with a focus on the 2006 National Strategy for Combating Terrorism, compare and contrast with the 2003 Strategy for Combating Terrorism and the policy implications of implementation...(this model can be refined further by the author in accordance with the requirements below)
The major purpose of the Policy Management research paper is to integrate consideration of analytic and management issues in the pursuit of solutions to a policy problem/issue. At its core, policy management is about identifying and analyzing alternatives, advocating specific options and approaches, and devising and delivering programs.
Terrorism and Policy
The essay should:
• Introduces the policy problem to be addressed. The problem should be described as specifically as possible. For example, a general issue in public policy - say, "education reform" - is not appropriate for this paper. Rather, continuing the example of education reform, a more specific topic might be "Developing an Evaluation Framework for Charter Schools in Philadelphia, PA." In some cases, analysis of the problem could itself be a key part of the inquiry.
• Discusses the key individuals and institutions relevant to the policy problem. For example, such individuals and institutions could include senior government officials, government agencies, international organizations, the media, corporations, interest groups, etc.
• Identifies at least four alternative approaches to solving the policy problem, and describes the criteria that will be used to assess the relative merit of each alternative approach.
• Analyzes the advantages and disadvantages of each alternative approach, including associated resource constraints.
• Recommends a preferred approach and provides the rationale for selecting this approach.
• Describes an implementation strategy necessary to adopt the preferred approach. The implementation strategy should take into account any relevant resource and political issues.
The format of Your Combating Terrorism Essay
- Executive Summary
- Key Individuals and Institutions
- Identification and Analysis of Alternatives
- Recommended Approach
- Implementation Strategy
Ideally, the essay would also be a useful strategy paper for actual policy makers struggling with the issue under review.
Related Research Paper Topic Suggestions
Afghanistan - Afghanistan Research Papers explore the political and military climate of the country and examine the United States' military presence in the region.
Alqaeda History - Al-Qaeda research papers examine the Islamic militant organization founded by Osama bin Laden between 1988 and 1989.
Bioterrorism - Research Papers on Bioterrorism discuss national security in relation to combating terrorism.
Department of Homeland Security - Department of Homeland Security research papers discuss the establishment of Homeland Security in 2002, and examine the agencies that make up the DHS.
Isis - ISIS research papers discuss the terrorist group, known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, that is closely associated with Al-Qaeda.
Modern Middle East - Research papers on modern Middle East examine the changes taken place in the middle east throughout the 20th and 21st centuries.
War in iraq - War in Iraq research papers illustrate that firm lines have been drawn between supporters and those who oppose military action. Have your War in Iraq research paper custom written by professionals that understand political issues.