Are Canadians better served by a decentralized (where more power lies with the provincial governments as opposed to the federal government) or a centralized (where more power lies with the federal government as opposed to the provincial governments) federation?
In your answer, refer to one of the following specific policy areas in Canadian Government Research Paper :
- health care
- natural resources
- the environment
- the economy
- child care
- national security
Canadian Government - Body of the Paper
The last sentence of the first paragraph MUST STATE the following:
- " THIS PAPER WILL ARGUE THAT... "
(if this is not stated you will fail automatically)
BODY OF PAPER for Canadian Government Research Paper:
- Introduction with thesis statement
- define terms used if complex (i.e. democracy) -Definition should be from a SCHOLARLY source
- -Next few paragraphs provide evidence for each point
Bibliographic requirements for Canadian Government Research Paper:
- Must have at least SEVEN PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES not including your textbooks.
- SPECIFICALLY: FOUR JOURNAL ARTICLES and THREE BOOKS
CITATIONS: CHICAGO MANUAL OF STYLE.
- JOURNAL EXAMPLE:
Terborgh, J. 1974. Preservation of natural diversity: The problem of extinction-prone species. BioScience 24:715-22
- BOOK EXAMPLE:
Kourirk, Robert. 1998. The lavender garden: beautiful varieties to grow and gather. San Francisco: Chronicle Books.
> In text citation:
- DO NOT USE FOOTNOTES unless you are making a point that is not essential to your argument but you feel ought not to be left out entirely.
5)USE ACTIVE not passive voice:
- no contractions
- no first person
- avoid overly descriptive, flowery language -a paragraph should not be more then 3/4 of a page
DOCUMENTING YOUR SOURCES:
- Keep quotations short (should not have too many quotations more then 4 lines of text) -Direct quotations are the exact words from your score and must be enclosed in quotation marks.