The legislative process can be quite complex. Paper Masters suggests that you use an example of a legislation that first failed and then passed, to illustrate the nature of legislation. Get help on describing and outlining the legislative process by having Paper Masters custom write your research.
In a political science research paper, you may want to describe the legislative process when the Minimum Wage Bill failed and passed in the 109th Congress and the 110th Congress. This is just a suggestion on a topic you can use to illustrate the legislative process for a political science or government research paper. Paper Masters suggests you include the following in you project on legislation:
- You must apply relevant readings to your paper to demonstrate your mastery over the material.
- You will be analyzing why the bill initially failed before it ultimately passed. You should analyze both its failure and its passage.
- Tables and Charts are encouraged and help the reader to understand the process involved visually.
At Paper Masters, we know that you will be judged on your writing ability, a demonstration of your mastery over assigned material, and your analytic skill. Good papers (A) will do a nice job on all three components. Acceptable papers (B) will make an attempted at doing all three. Make sure you have the best research project on the legislative process you can have by including the elements you see below.
- The research paper should also contain a clear, straightforward problem statement question - what specific aspect of the problem you are trying to resolve with your options.
- When writing research on a proces, it is critical that there be a logical flow
- You must provide in the background data/information the supports the premise for the different options.
- You must provide enough substantiation for what problems these options would solve (or whether there is a problem).
- State explicit criteria against which the options would be analyzed.
The following are a few of the exceptional sources we would use at Paper Masters in writing this topic paper:
As with all research papers, the source material you use is critical. Below is an example of the types of source material you can use when writing on congressional or legislative processes.
- Congressional Quarterly Almanac or CQ Weekly. - CQ weekly is a congressional magazine that requires a subscription.
- The Thomas Webpage http://thomas.loc.gov/
- Theriault, Sean M. 2005. The Power of the People: CongressionalCompetition, Public Attention, and Voter Retribution. Columbus: Ohio State University Press.
- Davidson, Roger H., and Walter J. Olezek. 2006. Congress and Its Members, 10th edition. Washington, D.C.: CQ Press.
Related Research Paper Topic Suggestions
Best USA Possible - Best USA Possible Research Papers delve into an example of how to order a philosophy paper about theory of justice.
Branch of Local Or State Government - Branch of Local or State Government Research Papers delve into a sample of an order placed on observing a public meeting and focusing on a particular topic being discussed.
Government Corruption - Research papers on government corruption discuss the two main forms of corruption in government.
House of Representatives - House of Representatives research papers write on Congress and the representative leadership within government.
Judiciary Branch of Government - Judiciary Branch of Government term papers examine the branch of government that is responsible for explaining and applying the law.
Key Piece of Legislation - Key Piece of Legislation Research Papers outline how to write a project on a bill that has been proposed and follow it through the legislation process.
Organization of American States - The Organization of American States Research Papers look at this intergovernmental organization located in the Western Hemisphere, and its structure.
Political Parties - Political Parties Research Papers examine the two major political parties, the Democratic party and Republican party.
Powers of The Governor - Powers of the Governor Research Papers look at an example of how to order a political science research paper, with specific instructions on length for each section of the paper.
Presidential Powers - Research papers on presidential powers discuss the various powers held by the President of the United States of America.
Representative Democracy - Representative Democracy Research Papers on a political science topic. Custom Representative democracy research papers from Paper Masters.
Representative Government - Have Paper Masters custom write research that explains the nature of government and how a representative government works.
Secretary of State - A research paper on the Secretary of State examines the powerful position as the chief advisor to the President on foreign affairs.
Stare Decisis - Stare Decisis research papers look into the legal term that means that juries are required to respect the precedent established by prior decisions.
The American Court System - Research papers on the American court system examine the numerous networks of legal systems that work at the local, regional, state and federal level.
Us Congress - Research papers on the US Congress discuss the legislative branch of the U.S. government in which carries out three main functions involving laws, spending, and foreign policy.
U.S. Court of Appeals - US Court of Appeals research papers look into the system of 13 courts, divided geographically across the U.S., and the intermediate appellate courts of the federal court system.
U.S. Federal Government - U.S. Federal Government essays examine the three branches of government as outlined by the Constitution: the Executive, the Legislative and the Judiciary.
U.S. Supreme Court - U.S. Supreme Court research papers overview the role of the Government's highest Court in the United States.
Wisely Crafted Institutions - Wisely Crafted Institutions research papers are written about political science and government entities. Research papers on wisely crafted institutions explore the institutions within the government that have been well thought out and usually contain an appropriate system of checks and balances.