Research Papers on Peacekeeping and Humanitarian Intervention
This is a political science research paper topic guide on peacekeeping and humanitarian intervention. Paper Masters will custom write a research paper on the roll of peacekeeping and humanitarian intervention in the world today.
The content should center on the following:
- Military and civilians roles in peacekeeping
- Humanitarian intervention under crisis conditions should be included in the research paper.
Custom research papers are Paper Masters specialty. The thesis statement and peacekeeping and humanitarian intervention. you see here is just a SAMPLE research paper of what we can provide you in research. Papers are always original and we guarantee each research paper, essay, book report or research paper that is sold by Paper Masters will never be resold and is plagiarism-free.
Peacekeeping is defined as the those activities carried out in order to maintain or preserve peace including those activities designed to:
- Resolve conflict
- Prevent the escalation of conflict
- Prevent or stop military actions
- Enforce law and order in regions of conflict
- Conduct humanitarian actions
- Restore the functioning of social and political institutions disrupted by conflict
- Restore conditions necessary to support daily living
Examples of peacekeeping in general include those operations that are mandated by the UN or “regional organizations whose functions include peace support and international security”. A primary example is the NATO operation carried out in Bosnia to ensure compliance by all parties with the provisions of the Daytona Accord, which was signed in 1995 to end the Balkan Wars.
Topics to Include in a Research Paper on Peacekeeping and Humanitarian Intervention
- Define: peace operations: give example
- Define peacekeeping: give example
- Define peace enforcement: give example
- Define peace building: give example
- Under what conditions can a UN peacekeeping force enter a sovereign country?
- Should military and civilians work together in peacekeeping? Why?
Custom Research to Include in a Research Paper
Peace operations are activities designed to resolve conflict that also fall into one of the following categories:
- Activities that use armed forces actions that do not include methods of force to “fortify political and diplomatic efforts to halt and settle a conflict”.
- Activities that “combine political methods with active operations by an armed peacekeeping force that does not, however, conduct any combat operations”.
- Activities that use methods of force, “including combat actions, to compel peace, in concert with political efforts, or even without them”.
An example of peace operations that fall under the first category is the United Nations Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea begun in 2000, which involved the deployment of military personnel “to monitor the cessation of hostilities and to help ensure the observance of security commitments” by the two countries.