Research Papers on Famous Psychologists
Paper Masters shows you how to write a research papers on a historical figure in the field of psychology (so long as it's someone with a clear relation to the field ofpsychology) OR on a school/system of thought in the field of psychology. Below is a brief outline on how to structure a research paper on any famous psychologist or psychological theory.
Format and Content for Writing on a Famous Psychologist or Theory
Examples of what to focus on regarding the famous psychologists history:
- Personal life: Personal life history, such as birth, family, nationality, etc...
- Professional Training: How they came to be in psychology (or were trained as a physician and/or philosophical/scientific thinker)
- Contributions to the Profession: What are the things they are known for, or should be known for? Why the world cares: what made you pick this person?
Examples for theory or schools/systems of psychology :
- Overview of theory or school of thought: What is the system/school perspective and what areas of psychology does it address?
- Main Influences:What forces were at work to bring about such a school/system and who were the main players in its formation?
- Contributions to the Profession of Psychology: What are the lasting effects in the field from this school/system, what is it known for, or should be known for?Why I Care: what made you pick this school/system?
Appropriate psychology sources include:
- Journal articles
- Other works written by the person in question.
- Do not use Wikipedia!