Career Development or Counseling
This project is a 7 page research summary. Guidelines for the Career Development or Counseling Term Paper are:
2.) Investigate that question by reading three empirical journal articles. Remember that empirical means the articles are based on research in which data are collected and analyzed. Some journals you may consider (you are not limited to these) include:
- Career Development Quarterly
- Career Development for Exceptional Individuals
- The Counseling Psychologist
- Journal of Applied Rehabilitation Counseling
- Journal of Career Assessment
- Journal of College Student Development
- Journal of Counseling & Development
- Journal of Counseling Psychology
- Journal of Employment Counseling
- Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development
- Journal of Vocational Behavior
- Personnel Journal
- Personnel Psychology
- Psychology of Women Quarterly
- Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin
- Journal of Applied Psychology, etc.
Career Development Summary
3.) Write a brief summary of your findings according to the following:
- Clearly identify your research questions (for example: What type of counseling works best with undecided clients? How should a teacher develop a career program for at-risk minority youth? Is there a relationship between career indecision and certain Holland codes?) You may be creative with your question - make it applicable to your field of specialization. (My field of specialization is children).
- Summarize the results of the journal articles. Summarize means that - it is not necessary to provide all of the detail regarding the methodology, etc.
- Indicate how you can apply these findings to your work with career clients.
4.) Attach copies of the ABSTRACTS ONLY of the articles reviewed to the paper.