Managing Social Processes and Making Decisions
Human resource management (HRM) strategies are placing an increased importance on understanding and managing individual behavior as a business strategy. Behavior itself can be unpredictable, but by applying theoretical tools such as the examination of social processes, HR professionals and management teams can develop cultures and environments that are more conducive to positive behavioral feedback.
Individual behavior, as well as group and organizational behavior, can be modified and organizational design, training, and development can have a profound impact on the behavior of the members of an organization. The practical application of theoretical tools of OB can help determine how an individual will respond to motivation and demotivation strategies in behavior management. It will also influence a company's ability to develop a positive company culture by enhancing employee screening and recruitment policies. Lastly, these tools can positively impact the organizational effectiveness and overall productivity, and success of the company by ensuring employee engagement through job satisfaction and employee commitment to an organization and its mission and goals.
Paper Criteria for Managing Social Processes and Making Decisions Research:
- The paper must be clear, engaging, original, and focused; ideas and content are richly developed with details and examples.
- Organization and form enhance the central idea and theme around social processes and decisions ideas are presented coherently to move the reader through the text.
- The voice of the writer is compelling and conveys the writer's meaning through effective sentence structure and precise word choices.
- The writer successfully moves the paper through academic constructs and experiential documentation to critical analysis.
- The paper demonstrates a clear balance of these three components.
- The paper is developed through coherently linked paragraphs, each devoted to an aspect of the Managing Social Processes and Making Decisions.
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the Managing Social Processes and Making Decisions of the paper with critical thought in structured paragraphs.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
There is a significant amount of research dedicated to studying the behavioral characteristics of individuals and how those characteristics affect job performance, job satisfaction, colleague compatibility, and more. Specific characteristics that factor into individual behavior include, "personality and ability; attitudes, values, and moods; perception and attributes; learning; motivation; and stress and work-life linkages". An organization's ability to understand how these individual behavioral traits can impact employee performance is important in the organization's ability to apply the theories and tools of OB to change behavior, cultivate a productive company culture, and enhance organizational effectiveness.