A common assignment on Starbucks is as follows:
Requirements for Starbucks Term Paper:
1. Assess their commitment (including corporate culture and storefront) to and understanding of the concepts of continuous quality improvement, customer satisfaction, quality evaluation, and service blueprinting - more specifically:
- Highlight each operators (ie including employees/managers within store) commitment to quality management (mission statement etc.).
- Identify the reasoning behind their current quality drive.
- The aims and objectives of their quality program.
- Any policies and practices they may have initiated in pursuit of these goals and problems encountered along the way.
- Approach to involving staff and customers in their quality drive.
- Approach to measuring success.
- The consequences, both operational and strategic, for the organization and customers alike.
2. Then blueprint/flowchart the service delivery system (from storefront perspective)
- A useful starting point in this respect is Dr. Colin Armistead's paper entitled: Customer Service and Operations Management in Service Businesses, The Service Industries Journal, Vol. 9 No 2. pp. 247-260. This will also serve as a useful framework when it comes to preparing the paper.
3. Also include a significant literature review (not exceeding 2000 words) on the broad quality issue, its importance and relevance, its measurement and the advantages and disadvantages of using the mystery shopping technique to assess it. Naturally, this should also contain a section on the use of blueprinting as a diagnostic improvement technique. Please also include a methods section addressing the research undertaken and problems encountered.
It is a mix of using Starbucks experience with the research literature applicable to Starbucks specifically - as well as a general literature review on quality as a whole.
Related Research Paper Topic Suggestions
Ben and Jerrys Leadership - A common assignment on Leadership of Ben and Jerry's is to write a research paper on organization with a case study included. Paper Masters suggests that you compose a research paper based on the well-known case 'Ben and Jerry's Homemade Inc., A Model for Organizational Success'.
Bottled Mineral Water - Bottled Mineral Water Research Papers delve into an example of an order placed on how to promote bottled drinking water witch specific directions given.
Business Case Study On Clearwater Seafoods Income Fund - Case Study on Clearwater Seafoods Income Fund Research Papers examine a brief background discussion of Clearwater covering its product, value proposition, and factors of the analysis of the case.
Canada and Potato Chips - Custom Research Papers discuss the marketing of different products in different countries. Our writers can write on any marketing, business case or market study you need.
Candy and Confectionery Industry - For research papers on the candy and confectionary industry.
Domino's Pizza Business Plan - A research paper on a Domino’s Pizza business plan look into the business, marketing, and service of this well known American restaurant chain.
Kellogg Corporation - Kellogg Corporation Research Papers delve into the leading company in the cereal market in the United States and their advertising strategies.
Kfc Case Study - KFC Case Study Research Papers explore Loy Weston and his experience with working with KFC and what happened when a company bought it out.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. - Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. Research Papers delve into a sample of a paper on a particular company and its competitors. Examining the competitors and Krispy Kreme's competative advantages is one way organizing a business or MBA level report on the company.
Pepsi Company - Pepsi Company Research Papers provide a case study and comparison to Coca-Cola. Custom business case studies from Paper Masters for all your academic writing needs.
Seven Eleven - Research papers on 7-Eleven examine their marketing strategies and changes over the past few decades.
Whole Foods Case Study - Whole Foods Case Study research papers analyze one of the largest grocery chains in the United States that specializes in organic foods.