A common assignment on Communication Process is as follows:
(All 3 Objectives must be demonstrated)
Objective #1: Application of Communication Skills using the Communication Process. Identification of barriers to communication: physical, psychosocial (gender, generational and cultural) and semantics related to verbal or non-verbal messages.
• Define communication (not dictionary definition!).
• Why is communication important to your nursing practice?
• Present an in-depth discussion of the Communication Process
• Include three communication theories (verbal and nonverbal)
• Thoroughly researched using scholarly texts and journals (consider using nursing books with Communication chapters) - reference in both Essay and "References"
• Discuss the application of the Communication Process in your experiences
• Are your experiences verbal or nonverbal (or are they made up of components from each of these)? What are the requirements to be certain a message was transmitted?
• Define and identify each of the Communication Barriers that you had to overcome in your
Communication Process research papers have been written by philosophy experts. We can produce a custom written project following your guidelines.
Listening in the Communication Process
Objective #2: Application and importance of "Listening" in the Communication Process
• Discuss the importance of listening - what is it and why is it important?
• Present examples of effective "listening" in the experiences you present in your Essay
• Discuss "feedback" to determine that the message was understood - validate
• Describe empathy, respect and genuineness as part of the listening process.
Objective #3: Evaluate/analyze the communication experiences
• Were the communication experiences cited in your essay effective? - validate
• Explain these experiences in the context of communication theory (identified in your research).
• How have these experiences contributed to improve communication skill in your nursing practice