- Custom Written Papers
- 100% Plagiarism Free
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Guaranteed Confidentiality
- Text us for a Quote Today!
Career Development research papers take a vast amount of time to outline and write. Here is a suggestion on how Paper Masters lays out an assignment like that.
Please respond to the following prompts below:
1. What would you do about work (i.e. would you quit, continue working, obtain a different job) if you won the lottery or inherited a large sum of money? Why? What do you think makes different people respond in various ways to this question?
2. What motivates people to choose a specific career direction? In what ways do experience and individual background influence decisions? How and why are different career choices made in different stages of life?
1. Read the article, found at http://azbilingualed.org/NEWS_2007/horne_wants_education_plan_for_each_kid.htm, and respond to the following questions: What do you think of Tom Horne's career development plan? Will this benefit the students of Arizona? Do you think this is a realistic plan? Should similar plans be implemented in other states as well? Why or why not?
2. What were your career aspirations at the age of 5? Age 15? Now? Are you proactive or reactive in reaching your career goals? Where would you place yourself in terms of Schein's career anchors? What kind of career would best fit your needs, aspirations, and competencies?
1. What do commitment and loyalty mean to you in your career? Do you think that these qualities are lacking in today's employees? Do you think that these qualities are lacking by today's employers?
2. Discuss the pros and cons of exit interviews from the employer's perspective. What do you think of the pre-exit interviews mentioned in this exhibit? Would it be valuable for an employer to conduct? Why do you stay?
1.Career metaphors. Which metaphor do you think is most applicable to you in your career? Why do you think this metaphor fits you best?
2. What do you think of the approach Oticon took in creating a new career development system? Discuss the pros and cons of their approach, along with your own personal opinion.
1. Imagine that you are the HR director of Company ABC and your CEO/Board has asked you to recreate the organizational career system. Following is a description of the company: The Company's name is ABC and they are an IT/Technical firm. They currently have 260 employees who include computer designers, programmers, support staff, and few high level management employees. You are the only HR person. The age of your employees is 21 to 40 and the educational level of your employees is from high school to master's degree level. 70% of your employees are male and all the employees have various ethnic background. This company has offices in Phoenix, AZ and Charlotte, NC. ABC Company recently underwent a 20% reduction in force and thus the 260 employees are what remain and they are very worried about losing their jobs. ABC Company is experiencing only moderate growth at this time. Explain what career practices you would include and why you would include these practices. Also explain how you would introduce these career practices to the organization. Please keep in mind of the description stated above.
1. What would be your advice to the Human Resource Manager in developing a comprehensive policy for managing cultural diversity ? How will the specific environment in which the organization operates influence your policy?
2. What are your thoughts on the strategy FinCorp originally used in hiring new graduates? What are your thoughts on their change in strategy in the 1990s? Discuss the pros and cons of both options. Do you think FinCorp made the best decision for their organization?
1. Do you think that a work/life balance exists? Why or why not? If you believe this can exist, what are some suggestions to reach this goal?
Can't decide on a topic? Need ideas or inspiration for research in your field of study? Paper Masters provides topic suggestions to make your decision easier.