A Movie Review Term PaperAbout the movie "The Pursuit of Happiness", with Will Smith.
Suggested Movie Review Term Paper Structure
- Title - catchy, can indicate if review will be positive or negative, you can play with words to make it funny or different
- Paragraph 1 - Opening paragraph - can start to summarize film and give early suggestions about your general view of it (positive/negative)
- Paragraph 2 - Start or continue summary of film, don't give details about the ending or else no one will go and see the film!!
- Paragraph 3 and 4 - positive things you thought about the film, what did you like? Why? Use descriptive words, think about the story, setting, effects used, music used
- Paragraph 5 and 6 - negative things you thought about the film, what didn't you like? Why? Comment on the same type of things that you mentioned in paragraphs 3 and 4
- Paragraph 7 and 8 - Characterization - talk about the characters, did you like them? Did the actors play them well? What was it about their portrayal that you liked or didn't like? Other impressions of the characters, will certain audience members be able to relate to certain characters? How? Will certain audience members not like certain characters? Why not?
- Paragraph 9 - Final comments - general comments that summarize your view of the film, you may want to say something inspiring to get the reader to want to go out and see the film or you might say something that would want them not to go and see it! After the paragraph you would give it a star rating out of 5 to indicate your rating for it.
Common words and phrases used in film reviews that you might want to use in your own reviews
spectacular visual effects, excessive violence, breathtaking, evocative, mood, atmosphere, poorly, unsuccessful, detail, scenery, irresistible, perfect, moments, plot, this movie has been compared to ____ because, wonderful, hilarious, momentum, unexpected plot twists, unbelievable, phenomenal, hype, suspense, disappointing, confusion/confused, fake, imitation, genre, unoriginal, typical, thrilled, was a very moving portrayal, quality of the film, I was impressed by, credible, cliche, a mixture of, classic, captivating.
Related Research Paper Topic Suggestions
Asian American Communities In Film - Asian American Communities in Film research papers discuss Asian American Communities in film with a thesis of your choosing.
Censorship In Movies - Censorship in Movies research papers look at an order placed on writing about movie censorship from the beginning times to right now, and how it conflicts with the first amendment.
Comparison of Ghettos In A Book and Movie - Comparison of Ghettos in a Book and Movie Research Papers look at a sample of an order placed on comparing a book to a movie either choosing The Pianist or Schindler's List.
Cult Comparison In Film - Cult Comparison in Film research papers discuss the glamorized perspective of American life, including both the good and the bad.
Film Analysis - A film analysis is a research paper that discusses the process that is used to evaluate the quality of a film. Your analysis may include a combination of many elements of film such as Mise-en-scene, cinematography, sound or editing.
Film Appreciation - Film Appreciation research papers examine the appreciation for film through the understanding of genre and filmmaking techniques employed in the construction of a motion picture.
Hays Code - Hays Code research papers discuss the Motion Picture Production Code of 1939. The research examines the origin and details of the Hays Code, which came almost three decades after the creation of the NRB, including the environment and criticism that spawned its creation.
History of Film - History of Film research papers look into the history of film that dates to the invention of moving pictures in the 1890s.
History of Filmaking - History of Filmmaking research papers discuss the history of motion picture and examine the differing techniques used in filmmaking through the years.
Introduction To Film - Introduction to Film Research Papers examine an order placed on how to analyze, interpret meaning, and evaluate films.
Literature and Film - Literature and Film research papers discuss the difference between reading a book and watching a movie. Many great works of literature have been adapted for screen and comparing and contrasting the two makes for an excellent research project.
Movie and Book Comparison - Movie and Book Comparison research papers look at how to compare books with the movies inspired by them.
Movie Film Review - Pick a Movie Research Papers examine an order placed on a claim based argument, requiring professional reviews of the film of your choice.
Nantucket Film Festival - The Nantucket Film Festival Research Paper discusses this annual event that allows independent directors and screenwriters to show their work.