Cultural Analysis of Brazil
This is a research paper topic suggestion on a Cultural Analysis of Brazil. A strong economical analysis should also be conducted. Custom term papers are Paper Master's specialty. The thesis statement and Cultural Analysis of Brazil you see here is just a sample of a research paper topic that we can provide you.
Below you can see a format for a research paper on CULTURAL ANAYLSIS OF BRAZIL :
CULTURAL ANAYLSIS OF BRAZIL
- Education Of Brazil
- The role of education in society
- Primary education (quality, levels of development, etc.) (Is it public or private? Is it compulsory? What are the attendance figures?)
- Secondary education (quality, levels of development, etc.) (Is it public or private? Is it compulsory? What are the attendance figures?)
- Higher education (quality, levels of development, etc.) (What are the principal universities? How many are there? What are the enrollment figures?)
- Political system of Brazil
- Political structure (What kind of government is it? Monarchy, democracy, parliamentary system, etc?)
- Political parties (How many are there? Which ones are the important ones? Who do they represent? What are their political tendencies? What party is presently in control of the government?)
- Stability of the government (How stable is the political system? Do governments last a long time? Do they have peaceful transitions from one government to the next?)
- Special taxes (Are there any special taxes that a foreign corporation considering working in that country should be aware of?)
- Role of local government (Provincial government, city government, etc)
- Social Security (Is there a national social security system? What does it provide? How is it funded? What percentage is deducted from workers wages for social security? What percentage do employers have to contribute?)
- Health Care (Is there a national health care system? What does it provide? How is it funded?)
- Living Conditions of Brazil
- Diet and nutrition (Suggest you search for statistics from the World Health Organization)
- Meat and vegetable consumption rates (Figures, such as Kilograms/year, or Calories)
- Typical meals
- Malnutrition rates
- Foods available
- Types of housing available
- Do most people own or rent? (Statistics?)
- Do most people live in one-family dwellings or with other families? (Statistics?)
- National dress
- Types of clothes worn at work
- Recreation, sports, and other leisure activities
- Types available and in demand
- Percentages of income spent on such activities (figures)
- Diet and nutrition (Suggest you search for statistics from the World Health Organization)
A. Communication systems
1. Types (telephones, cell phones, e-mail?)
2. Availability (how many?)
B. Working conditions
1. Employer- employee relations (Are they good? bad? Strikes? Days/year lost to strikes?)
2. Employee participation (in determining working conditions) (Are there workers committees or workers councils that help manage companies?)
3. Salaries and employee benefits (What are the minimum wages?)(What are the customary benefits? Paid vacation? Sick leave? Health benefits?)
C. Principal industries
1. What percent of the GNP does each industry contribute?
2. Ratio of private to publicly owned industries
D. Foreign investment
1. Opportunities? (are there any opportunities for foreign investment?)
2. In which industries?
E. International Trade Statistics (don't forget to indicate the dates of the data)
1.Major exports (what goods?)
a.Dollar value (of exports)
b. Trends (have there been trade surpluses or trade deficits in the past years?)
2.Balance of Payments situation (What is the Current Account situation?)
a.Surplus or deficit? (Current Account Surplus or Deficit?
b.Recent trends (What have been the Current Account Balances in the last few years?)
a.Single or multiple exchange rates?
b.Current rate of exchange
c.Trends (has the currency been getting stronger or weaker over the past few years?)
Brazil is the most recent nation to fall victim of the global financial crisis. The Brazilian government made the conscious decision in January of this year to devalue its currency, the real, and let it float. Exactly what happened to Brazil can be understood best by looking at the role that its government has played in Brazil's economic development. What could have caused the once stable emerging market, with liberalized trade, inflation in check, and a growing GDP to flounder and fall into crisis? The answer can be found within the global crisis, which added to the problem of its budget deficit, which is indicative of emerging economies in the latter part of this century (i.e. Mexico).
Brazil needed a change and it came in the form of the ousting of President Collor and a dramatic reform in 1994 by the Cardoso administration. The plan was called the Real Plan and introduced a new currency into Brazil. The economy stabilized and the demand for capital goods production increased. Brazil was able to withstand the Mexican peso crisis but it could not go unscathed during the Asian crisis. The Asian crisis caused Brazil to raise its interest rates by 43% and announce a bold $18 billion dollars worth of tax raises and spending cuts, which the government could not live up to.
Brazil raised its interest rates to attract foreign investment. Only a few short months after the Real Plan was implemented, the Real appreciated to 0.81 for one US dollar. The Central Bank stepped in to cut off the appreciation and established a new exchange rate policy. However, in the years following, due to rising trade deficits and steady outflows of foreign capital, the Central bank devalued the Real.
Related Research Paper Topic Suggestions
Brazil Military Dictatorship - Brazil Military Dictatorship research papers discuss the nation in South America and how it was ruled by military dictatorship from 1964 to 1985.
Cannibalism - Cannibalism Research Papers explore where cannibalism originated and the different cultures it involved. Have Paper Masters custom write a research paper on cannibalism for any anthropological region you need.
Class Structure of Jamaica - Class Structure of Jamaica Research Papers go into the socioeconomic classes of the country. Learn about Afri-Europeans, Chinese, East Indian and the black heritage of the country of Jamaica.
Cultural Analysis - Cultural Analysis research papers examine a method of qualitative research employed in the social sciences, especially the disciplines of ethnography and anthropology.
Cultural Assimilation - Research papers on Cultural Assimilation discuss the interconnection of cultures in society.
Cultural Competence - Research papers on cultural competence examine the term that defines a person’s ability to interact with people within cultures and come from different backgrounds.
Cultural Exchange - Cultural Exchange research papers examine the formal or informal exchange of individuals, students, scientists, or artists between cultures.
Culture of China - Culture of China research papers examine Chinese culture up to the time of China's Cultural Revolution.
Culture of Portugal - Culture in Portugal Research Papers delve into the different museums and architecture that it has.
Cultures of India - Culture of India research papers discuss the traditions, religious beliefs, Indian marriage, clothing, and cuisine of the Indian culture.
Cultures of South America - Cultures of South America research papers discuss the diverse and complex cultures of South America.
Demographics of New York - Demographics of New York Research Papers delve into an example of an order placed on how the town/community is set-up in terms of politics, law enforcement and even the history of the town.
Global Population - Research Papers on Global Population discuss the current population and look into the future estimates of the world's population.
Hmongs and Mexicans Living In California - Hmongs and Mexicans Living in California Research Papers discuss the specific ways to format and lay out a cultural investigation of two very different types of people. Learn how to compare and contrast cultures from Paper Masters.
Neighborhood Assignment - Neighborhood Assignment research papers allow you to integrate some empirical observation into different neighborhoods.
Philadelphia - Philadelphia research papers look into the most recent demographic figures taken in 2012 of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Population and the third world - Population and the Third World Research Papers discuss the many issues of popultion control. Papers on population control and third world issues are expertly written.
Population Management - Research papers on population management analyze the problematic relationships between growing human populations and relatively fixed global resources.
Socioeconomic Characteristics of Michigan - Socioeconomic Characteristics of the state of Michigan serve as an example for learning how to write an in depth analysis of data about socioeconomic characteristics of a geographical region.
Vulnerable Populations - Vulnerable Populations research papers examine the groups defined by socio-economic status and several other factors.
Vulnerable Populations and Selfawareness - Vulnerable Populations and Self-Awareness Research Papers study the demographics of population, and reflect on personal attitudes and values towards those in that population. Sociology research apers are available at Paper Masters.