Does this American Identity assignment look familiar? Many professor's assign topics just like this and our writers custom write each one.
American Identity Essay
You should begin your essay with:
- An opening that engages your reader's attention.
- An introduction to Crèvcoeur's work, which is your primary source.
- In your introduction, provide a brief summary of Crevcoeur's definition of an American, making sure that you identify key characteristics.
- Follow your summary of Crèvcoeur's "What is an American?" with your reaction to Crèvcoeur's definition, if you think his observations are true or outdated.
- End your introduction with a clear thesis that makes a claim about what/ who an American is. It may help to "map" your essay's organizational pattern in your thesis by identifying main ideas.
Each body paragraph of American Identity Research Paper should include a specific American Identity sentence highlighting the main idea of the paragraph and relating back to the thesis. You may want to focus on one particular aspect of your/ Crèvcoeur's definition per paragraph.
In your discussion of specific aspects pertaining to American identity, be sure to support your assertions and reactions to your primary text with your own observations and personal experiences. Avoid generalizations or clich�s in your discussion, and instead, provide your own unique perspective, as one who was born in this country, one who has become a citizen, or one who has come to America to attend school. Think about relevant experiences or anecdotes you may include as vivid illustrations of your points. Reread some of the assigned personal essays, such as Miller's "This Old Piece of Cloth," for guidance.
End your American Identity Research Paper with a conclusion that does more than summarize your essay's main points. Instead, you may want to talk about whether or not our understanding of what it means to be American remains consistent from one generation to the next or if it has evolved and continues to evolve in light of recent events.
- An interesting title.
- An introductory paragraph that establishes your definition of what it means to be American in relation to Crèvcoeur's observations.
- A clear thesis-controlling idea(s)-at the end of your introduction Clear focus and smooth organization.
- Specific examples from your own experiences to support your thesis Discussion of Crèvcoeur in relation to your own views/experiences.
- Two direct quotes from your primary source, with proper lead-ins Proper in-text citations for your quotes.
- Work Cited page.
2 sources - one must be "What is an American"
Related Research Paper Topic Suggestions
Americana - Americana research papers discuss the collection of artifacts that deals with the folklore of American history and culture.
American dream - American Dream research papers focus on one specific aspect of the American Dream or Experience. This can be done by examining works of literature, events in history or specific people that exemplify the American Dream.
American Dream - The American Dream is a common theme in works of literature. Writers such as Booker T Washington and W.E.B. DuBois are representative of African American writing and the American Dream.
American Dream and The Great Gatsby - American Dream and Gatsby research papers account the classic novel The Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald.
American Dream In Literature - American Dream in Literature essays examine rags-to-riches story theme in major works such as The Great Gatsby and Death of a Salesman.
American Lifestyle - A research paper on the American lifestyle look into the core ideas of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and how these values can vary in the lives of Americans.
Americans - Americans research papers on the people that are citizens of the United States.
City Life Urban Expectations In A New World - City Life: Urban Expectations in a New World Research Paper deals with the changing of American Cities in the past thirty years. Custom Written and Plagiarism Free Papers from Paper Masters!
Culture of 1950S - Culture of 1950's Research Papers discuss significant events of this time period such as segregation, George Wallace, the beginning of the cold war, the KKK and the introduction of the television and America's obsession with entertainment.
Food and Culture - Research papers on food and culture discuss the different types of foods used and prepared by varying cultures.
Ideal American Dream - Ideal of the American Dream research papers look at the dream that most Americans had after World War II ended. Research Paper Help is Avaiable at Paper Masters.
Orientalism In America - Orientalism in America Research Papers explore the different definitions of orientalism and how it influenced America's culture.
The Mcdonaldization of Society - McDonaldization of Society research papers analyze the economic theories of McDonaldization, by George Ritzer.
The Statue of Liberty - The Statue of Liberty Research Papers look at the construction of this statue and the architect who built it.